Kathy Sullivan is “the most vertical person in the world”: the only person to have walked in space and gone to the deepest point in the ocean. Her exploration has been far afield, but exploration to her simply means a commitment to put curiosity into action. Through her podcast, Sullivan explores lessons learned in the lives of her brilliant and ever-inquisitive guests.
Tim Dunn appears on this episode of Kathy Sullivan’s podcast. Dunn is the founder and chief investment officer of the investment management firm Terra Alpha Investments. Tim has worked for almost 20 years in the professional investing space and can speak to the limits of our natural systems and the challenges created by our current economic system.
Highlights from the Show
- The moment that made Tim switch from studying foreign policies to financial markets
- Tim’s experience studying companies that have engaged in socially responsible investing (often referred to as Environmental, Social, and Governance investing, or ESG investing)
- The work culture that attracted Tim to the investment industry
- Investing in businesses based on climate change and greenhouse gas emissions
- ESG awareness in the investment industry
- Combining environmentalism and business investments
This podcast episode has been cross-posted with permission from Kathy Sullivan’s website.