On occasion, Resources for the Future scholars and the Resources editorial team will put together special blog series that are devoted to timely topics in the news. Listed below are selections of these types of special series that we’ve published.
Special Video Series: In Focus
Experts at Resources for the Future share insights about current energy and environment issues in this video series. Browse the short videos:
- The Challenges of Electrifying Trucks and Buses
- Coordinating Climate Policy in the European Union
- Causes for Climate Optimism
- The Future of Energy Generation
- Regulating the Waters of the United States
- Changing Land Use Policies in the Amazon
- Developing Hydrogen in the United States
- Updated Tax Credits for Electric Vehicles
- Managing and Adapting to Wildfire Risk
- The Role of Research for the Incoming Congress
- Chinese Climate Policy and COP27
- What to Watch for at COP27
- Renewable Energy Growth
- The Fiscal Impacts of California’s Wildfires
- An Updated Social Cost of Carbon
The SEC Climate Disclosure Rule
Special Series: The SEC Climate Disclosure Rule
In light of a recently proposed climate disclosure rule from the US Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), we ask experts to weigh in on what the rule entails and its implications. Browse the blog series by clicking through these articles:
- Introduction to the Series: Why Do Investors Need or Want the SEC Climate Disclosure Rule?
- Indirect Emissions Disclosures Are Important but Tricky
- Even with Moves toward Transparency, Corporate Climate Pledges and Carbon Offsets Will Be Complicated
- Will the SEC’s Proposed Climate Disclosure Rule Come Up against Legal and Economic Challenges?
- International Context of the Proposed Climate Disclosure Rule from the US Securities and Exchange Commission
Special Series: Transportation
Resources for the Future researchers share thoughts on developments in the transportation market and transportation policy, drawing from the latest research in economics, policy, and engineering.
- Is There a Trade-off Between Equity and Effectiveness for Electric Vehicle Subsidies?
- Fuel Economy Standards Will Help Speed the Deployment of Electric Vehicles, But May Not Be Enough to Achieve the 2030 Target
- What Should Federal Agencies Assume for How Much Consumers Are Willing to Pay for Fuel Cost Savings?
- How Much and How Quickly Will Biden’s Proposed Fuel Economy Standards Reduce Emissions?
- The Role of Federal Subsidies in Decarbonizing the Transportation Sector
- How Much Will People Drive This Summer—and Beyond?
- Electric Vehicles and Equity: How Would Aiming Subsidies at Lower-Income Households Affect Vehicle Sales?
- Who Benefits from EV Subsidies? The Complicating Role of Zero-Emissions Vehicle Standards
- Eliminating Transportation Sector Emissions: Don’t Forget Trucks
- Can Public Transit Survive COVID and Compete with Uber? A Look at Long-Term Ridership Trends
- Three Approaches to Investing in Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure
- Cash for Clunkers 2.0: Targeting Scrappage Subsidies to Cut Costs
- Moving the Needle on Electric Vehicle Market Share